Bacalhau à Brás Recipe! As promised on our last blog post, a super easy adaptation to recreate this delicious, quick, flavoursome Portuguese dish.
- 120g Bacalhau (salted cod)
- 250g potatoes
- 100g sliced onions
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Frying oil
- Cover the bacalhau with cold water for at least 2 days, changing the water every 12 hours. Once the fish is rehydrated, we can start with our recipe.
- Peel your potatoes and cut them. The traditional shape will be matchsticks, but I have cut them in small chunks.
- Deep fry them until crispy and remove from the oil.
- Now drain the fish and cut it in chunks, cooking it in a pan with olive oil, onions and parsley.
- Cook everything until tender, then put in the potatoes.
- Beat the 3 eggs in a bowl and add salt and pepper, then add it to the mixture in the pan, slowly stirring in a continuous movement.
- When the eggs are creamy, remove from the heat and place in your favourite plate.
- Add olives and parsley, sit down and enjoy!
Should you want to pair an alcoholic beverage, I would suggest Branco Alentejo, very similar to Chardonnay, a fresh and medium-bodied wine made with a selection of grape varieties from the Alentejo region, on the east of the capital Lisbon.
Senhoras e senhores, bom apetite!